Friday 21 June 2013

La Glace & La Petanque

I was in Copenhagen with the rest of my French class last Wednesday. We were put in a group and then we got some different tasks we had to solve. My group and I had been asked to visit La Glace and the French Institute. We started at La Glace. I personally have never been to La Glace before, as there is always crowded with people. As soon as I entered the door, I was overwhelmed by the story of the 143 years old patisserie. Most of the beautiful patisserie still bloomed with the amazing old decorating. I could easily imagine the time they sat in big beautiful dresses and ate cake and drank coffee in the afternoon, chatting about the latest gossip. We asked one of the employees a few questions and then we had been allowed to buy some of the delicious pastry. I got two French macaroons, one with chocolate and one with lemon. I don’t normally enjoy cakes or pastry with lemon, but this was amazing. I can’t even describe with words, how good they were. It was like a bomb of lemon and chocolate exploding in my mouth. They were a bit expensive, but after I had the first bite, I didn’t regret spending a bit more money on them.

The French Institute wasn’t that exciting. So, I’m just going to skip that. We met the other groups and walked to La Petanque, which was a small restaurant where we would eat our lunch. As I walked down the small flight of stairs and opened the door, it felt like I suddenly stood inside a small restaurant in France. Behind the bar was a lot of spices and other exciting things. I just wanted to look at each individual can, bottle and small tub there were. It properly sounds a bit strange to you, but I guess I’m bit strange. We had to order on French and too be honest, I was a bit scared to mess up or say something stupid, but I didn’t and it went quite okay. The food was okay, not really a big deal. I ordered a pancake with egg, spinach and bacon. I think I got my hopes to high on this. But hey, I just went to La Glace, so of course I expected something unique.


Overall, it was a really good day and I learned a bit of French, which was the main goal of the whole trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio